Wednesday, September 5, 2012

UFO Blasting…

YAHOO!  My first UFO is busted!!  Yup…you heard me!  Button Town is done, finished, kaput!  Why she EVEN has a label on her back!

She went from this…

P1080203

…to this!  And give or take TWO years!  WHY did I wait so long to finish her off is the million dollar question!  BUT UFOs have a way of doing that, don’t they!

P1190851

Anyway I am awfully glad that Button Town is finished NOW!

P1190839

I have got to zoom in for a close-up…here’s the top of the wall hanging…

P1190844

 

…and the bottom.

P1190842

She’s not all that big…maybe 24” by 35”…and she does look sweet hanging on my wall of ivy!  But no, she won’t be staying outside for long…I have a wall all ready for her!

P1190847

If you want to make a Button Town of your own, you can find the pattern in this magazine…or you can find out more about this pattern at City Stitcher!

  P1080205

Now it’s onto the NEXT UFO!!  There’s nothing like UFO BUSTING!!…except for maybe..starting something NEW!

FYI~

If you haven’t already entered ‘Claire’s Good-bye Tension, Hello Pension Give Away’ then you SHOULD!! You might just win a pattern for Buttermilk Basin’s Winter Wool Pattern and a woolie surprise!!   You can enter HERE!

Have a Wicked Wednesday and Happy Quilting!

25 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It looks fabulous! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finally getting a finish. That feeling is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Lovely quilt! I'll have to add it to my list. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good feeling it must be to have completed that UFO. And Button Town is so cute. I took your advice last week and pulled out one of my UFOs (a couple of times), but just couldn't get any enthusiasm for it. I kept looking at all the CW fabric I have and am itching to use. But, I must persevere so, I guess it's back to the UFO closet for me.lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Button Town looks good finished. I am shipping you a few of my UFO's since you are getting so good at finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray for a great Button Town finish! Looks fabulous! You've inspired me to start UFO busting too... only problem is the process could take me into next year! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kudos for finishing one of your UFOs. I love how you quilted it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is a beauty !.

    I have finished 3 of my UFO's in the last week. Yahoo. Two more to go and I will be "current" to July, 2012 starts.

    Need to start practicing machine quilting so I can knock these projects out quicker..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! That is really a sweet quilt. Congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow it looks fabulous. Is this a recent copy of Quiltmania? I hardly look at the magazines anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little quilt is just beautiful! Yea for finishing a UFO!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the finish!! It came out beautiful, I just love the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That came out beautifully and I love the fabrics you used.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's beautiful! Say, since you are in a ufo busting mood, I'll be happy to send you one of mine! Maybe I'll try to start a swap. Trading ufo's with the fabric to finish then getting them back when they're done....no...it wouldn't work. They'd just end up being ufo's at someone else's house...lol!

    Good job on your adorable wallhanging!

    Cheery wave from
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the finish, it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wahooo!!! So glad you finished a UFO!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good for you for finishing Button Town. I have a question about the quilt shown on the front of the magazine, can you tell me the name of it and other information. I think it is great. Just got back from the desert, it has been miserable there, lots of humidity and heat, but looking forward to fall. Thank you for any information you can share.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very sweet! Some quilts you just know need to be finished up and others, maybe passed by. Good choice on getting this one done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Buttontown is adorable! You must be so happy and proud to be able to hang this one...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This one turned out great. Wow! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on the finish, it looks great

    ReplyDelete