Monday, June 15, 2015

Vintage Flea Market...wanna go?

If you are 'into' junk...and I do mean 'good junk' then you will definitely want to tag along!   Saturday found me poking around the Vintage Flea Market, which is held annually.  This year it was held on the raspberry/blueberry farm that I frequent...about a kilometre down road from where I live!  It was a beautiful venue!


It was a gorgeous day on our island...blue skies and not a cloud in sight, perfect for a stroll around the farm!

So click on the first picture and you will get a nice leisurely slide show...at the press of a button!
                           
















Note the flying geese painted on the seat of the chair!








































YES...those are rusty old bed springs!!




Succulents in old containers are definitely 'IN'!
Some of the old globes were painted with chalkboard paint with sayings like "Oh the places you will go" and "Shoot for the Moon!" "Love you to the Moon and back"!  Loved them!

And of course there was an old quilt...a cathedral window!


And a dog's bed that looked mighty cozy!

And the horses kept the children happy!

I know this was picture heavy post...but I had to show you EVERYTHING!!  Hope you had fun and didn't spend too, too much!:o)

Have a magical Monday and Happy Quilting!~P

17 comments:

  1. Wow - what a great vintage market! I would have spent a fortune I'm sure. How about you - what did you buy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, what did you buy?
    Very amusing that you have the same junk in Canada as we do in north central Illinois!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've definitely had some great weather to enjoy an open air market. Looks like lots to tempt you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Paulette, I noticed a few letterpress drawers in your review of the flea market ... In France, cross-stitchers often use them to display letters - another take on the traditionnal sampler!
    Here is one example:
    http://crosstitchfairy.canalblog.com/archives/2009/04/27/13528890.html
    And here are other ways to use those drawers, in case you are interested!
    http://dukesandduchesses.com/2014/01/12-ways-to-use-a-letterpress-drawer
    Thanks for your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I feel like I've been there! Even better, I didn't spend any money! Thanks for the pictures! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I probably would have spent a ton of money there. Love that kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw a couple of items I would have picked up and brought home and yes, the question is "what did you buy?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun! Lots more than any flea markets we have here. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Lots of goodies! I see a few things that I'd love to have. Did you buy anything?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish I could have gone with you !! Thanks for sharing !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great treasures! I would have wanted to take home so many of them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That was so much fun..... Thanks for taking us along with you. I wonder what you came home with???? HMMMM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I would definitely need a bigger bank account and a bigger house if I went there! Not sure what I would do with the rusty bed springs but I'm sure you came home with something........

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a lovely way to spend a sunny day, I was tempted with quite a few things and the cathedral window quilt would certainly be happy with me. Your computer must be faster than mine, it would have taken hours for me to load all those photos

    ReplyDelete
  15. The vintage markets are my favorite and this one looks fabulous! Love that bright quilt too.:)

    ReplyDelete