Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Heritage Happenings…

Some people bring home stray dogs and cats…I bring home stray UFOs!  Yup, you heard me!!  I brought home another one!

When I got to Heritage yesterday, their annual Quilter’s Sale was in full swing!!  Thank goodness I forgot or I would have hit the ATM before coming!  I had to limit my spending to $10…which is what I managed to scrounge together from the bottom of my purse!

P1240654 - Copy

Lots of books and fabric and quilting frames for sale!

P1240655 - Copy

Hey, there’s Heritage Judy…in the striped sweater! (She will be trading that sweater and those socks in for a bathing suit and sandals when she heads south shortly!!)  Anne, sitting next to her in the green sweater…see she is picking up a book…well she gave me the ‘hard sell’ and sold me that book for a whole dollar…my LAST dollar too! 

P1240656 - Copy

Let me show you where my $10 went!  Anne’s book for $1…

P1240690

I am such a sucker for log cabins and homespun!!  Anne KNEW this I’m sure!  She even flipped the book open….SOLD!!

P1240691

Carol sold me these…Triangles on a Roll…I have never tried them before!  Three rolls of different sizes (two unopened) and the book on how to use them!!  Score for $5!!  I’ll let you know how they work! 

P1240689

And when I saw these hand pieced blocks…looking at me with those hound dog eyes and whimpering to go home with me…how could I possibly say NO?! 

P1240692

There are nine finished blocks…

P1240693

…looking very Fallish and scrappy!  And they were only $4…!  Come on little fella…your are coming home with mama!!  SCORE!!P1240694

So that made short work of my $10!!  Great fun!

Now onto the Show and Tell…this hand pieced quilt was getting basted ready for hand quilting!!

P1240657 - Copy

Gorgeous work!!

P1240658

I wish I had a video on how these masters use a spoon to help control that needle!  Amazing and fast too!

P1240660

The spoon helps to lift the needle so it is easier on the fingers when they grasp the needle!

P1240661

I am going to try this next time I need to baste or pin a quilt!

P1240662

Lots of hand quilting happens at Heritage as the ladies visit with each other!

P1240663

Hazel was busy pinning together logs…I predict that she will have this one together and quilted by next Monday!  You heard it here first!!

P1240664

Connie was putting the final touches onto her Advent Christmas Tree!  Very cute!

P1240665

Another charity quilt finished and ready to go to where ever the need happens to be!

P1240666

Yes, this is another of Betty’s charity quilts!!  She has such a way with colours…love this one!  Beautifully quilted by Hazel!

P1240667

One of the members who usually makes ALL of her quilts for Charity finally made one for herself!!  There was a loud cheer from our members when they heard that this beauty is staying with her!

P1240668

Joan made this sweet Halloween Wall hanging…all paper pieced and so dang sweet!

P1240670

This is a good one to end with!!  The end of October is fast approaching and with it will come black cats and bats and jack-o-lanterns!

Have a spooktacular day!~P

9 comments:

  1. Triangles on a roll are fast and accurate especially when you want to do itty bitty triangles. Carefully follow the instructions, and you'll be pleased. The price was sure right because they are kind of expensive and not practical for every project. We'll need a report!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All beautiful work Paulette! Not sure I have the patience for hand quilting so I admire those who do.

    Thanks for sharing your photos from Heritage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a successful day you had! Love those blocks! So nice that you will be the one to recycle them into a gorgeous quilt! Wonderful show and tell as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic buys for $10 and great quilts to see!! I love using triangles on a roll!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ufo blocks! They will be a lot of fun to play with.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a wonderful day. What a great group of ladies. I love your new ufo blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice buys, I do have the north woods book and those blocks are a great score. Always enjoy seeing what your group creates, such talented ladies.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your $10 went far. I like Jill Kemp's designs. I don't think I have that particular book but I do have some others.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good thing you had the $10.00. Passing up these bargains would have been awful.
    The lady using the spoon might find safety pin covers handy. There is also a product called a Kwik Klip available for doing this job.
    Have a great time with your new found bargains.

    ReplyDelete