Sunday, October 20, 2013

A ‘Pieceful’ Day…

After a busy week spent with family outings it was good to get back into the sweat room and do some piecing!  I finished my audio book…and watched two movies…before I finally emerged…dazed and glazed, like a soldier coming out of battle!  Ahhh…nothing like spending a day on the frontlines!

Here’s what I accomplished…

P1240640-001

Whew…passed inspection by my side kick!!  Molly likes to put her stamp of approval on everything…

P1240638

And after going for a walk, ‘WE’ were back at it…and completed one more row!!  (no picture) FIVE more blocks to go…then a border and she should be finished!!  What would I do without all this help?

While on Pinterest last night…(Yes, I have a PP (Pinterest Problem))…I stumbled onto a Quilting Blog that blew my socks off!!  YOU have got to go over for LOOK…but be warned…once you go, you may NEVER return…Ok maybe I am being a wee bit dramatic but I’m just trying to prepare you… you are going to want to stay for HOURS!!  The Blog is called  ‘With Heart and Hands Blog’ and Michelle, the blogger is a SERIOUS HOARDER… of FREE PATTERNS!!  Every FREE QUILTING PATTERN on the universe can be found HERE!!  Seeing is believing!!  Don’t say I didn’t warn you! :o)

Have a super Sunday and thanks for stopping by!!~P

13 comments:

  1. I've cleaned house, walked the dog, have a cake in the oven--now I am off to sew for myself today, no quilting for other folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on a blue quilt just like yours. I've been picking away at it all summer and now I'd like to have it finished. Thanks to link for her blog. I'm going now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be a beauty! Love your choice of colours! Thanks for the link. Have a nice afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks absolutely fantastic!!!! And I see your dog loves your work too.
    Greetings Grit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, I just love how it turned out! I tried the tutorial you linked to and really liked it. I've been cutting 11" squares out of anything I have big enough and plan on doing a totally scrappy for donation. Thanks for sharing your discoveries!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is gorgeous, love the fabrics and shades. I have been going all weekend, so too tired to sew at night. Now i have to go check that site out.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have enough of the same blocks made for a queen size quilt - just have to put them together but right now I have 2 small quilts and a pillow I'm working on. Also have classes going on 3 quilts. Am I nuts or what?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, sweet, sweet Paulette! I am the Michele (one l, not two ;) the serious hoarder of patterns at "With Heart and Hands".

    You made me laugh so hard at that. Love it and you!

    Thanks so much for the link up. You have a lovely, lovely blog of your own and I am bookmarking you for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that pattern so quick and easy, but looks complicated and time consuming.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt is going to be beautiful. Now I'm off to visit that site you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your quilt so far and going at your speed, it will be done in no time! Thanks so much for sharing Michelle's blog- WOW, all those FREE patterns- sure to keep one very busy!:) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you accomplished a lot! It's looking great!

    ReplyDelete