Saturday, August 4, 2012

It’s HERE!!

…and ALL’S right with the world!!  :o) 

Yup, I got my Primitive Quilts Fall 2012 issue and after savoring every project and article, I give it two thumbs up!  There are some GREAT projects in this issue and it’s well worth the $9.99!!

 P1190432

Wanna see my favourite project?  Let me show you anyway…:)

P1190434

I LOVE this framed white, tea stained, wool pumpkin with the orange berries!!  AND LOOK at the crow…so realistic looking!!  The designer is Becky Delsman of Playing With Wool Designs!  Becky is ‘a new to me’ designer…so I hurried over to her website!  Lots of lovely things to drool over…hurry over for a look!

P1190436

Then there was this sweet little wall mat,‘Black Cat Tuesday’ by Country Threads…I REALLY like it…but it reminded me of another pattern that is already on my “TO-DO LIST”…  P1190442

Can you see the similarities…??  OK…maybe not that similar…but sort of similar!  Both are by Country Threads, so I guess that’s it..AND I do like them both..

P1190443

I think I like the border better on Black Cat Tuesday but I think I like the lazy cat better than the Black Cat Tuesday’s cat…and three or four pumkins??  Decisions…decisions!  

I might have to put BOTH on that loooooong… growing even longgggggger LIST!!  What about you?  Which one do you like better?

Have a Super Saturday and Happy Quilting!~P

9 comments:

  1. Woohoo I'm so glad it arrived before the long weekend. I love that white pumpkin as well, it's the first one I noticed. And the black cat caught my eye but I'm the same as you, it reminded me of the cat and pumpkin pattern you showed. I've made that little wallhanging and love bringing it out every year. The white pumpkin is on my looooog list too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo Hoo!! Have you wiped all the drool off the pages yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even put anything on my list. I keep finding ufo's stashed everywhere. I have so much homespun that I've saved from the shop to do projects for my retirement - hahahahahah. Should I have a homespun giveaway? I think I will in the fall. Have a great Saturday!

    Cheery wave from Bev

    http://44thstreetfabric.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paulette,

    Make sure you go to their website, there a couple of errors in tow of their projects.

    One is you have to enlarge the pumpkin 200% the one with the crow.

    The other correction is they call for a square in another quilt and give you measurements for a rectangle.

    Can`t recall which pattern that one was.

    Love all those projects especiall the Becky Delsman one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you got it. Now I have to find some good cream wool that I can tea stain as that is my favorite project too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet P.....Love the white pumpkin altho I made a sofa table runner last year with a white pumpkin at each end. I'm starting the cover quilt first. Have some of the same bkgrnd to use, but am downsizing to 6 black plaids, 6 orange plaids ...and one deep purple. I've learned to check their site for corrections. Is this the best issue so far or what? Each new one seems SEW wonderful.
    Launa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got your copy, hard having to wait, lol.
    I like the pumpkin and cat one too, fun projects for the fall.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! So glad you received your Primitive Quilts & Projects! It's my favorite mag and one of only 3 that I subscribe to. I used to have about 20 mags coming to the door? lol! Anyways, I'm thinking I actually like the Do Not Disturb pattern better? Something about the cat melting into the bottom border... almost like a shadow... and this one has a moon too! I like moons (not bare butt type moons, but the one's in the sky) lol! The crow with the berries and white pumpkin was the fav of the mag for me too! I'll be stitching that one up after I finish a cross stitch I started this week... Happy Stitching to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I picked up my copy when I was in Ohio. I did not see the cat silhouette on the table runner until you posted the picture. Now I may have to make it too. I love most of the projects in this one.

    ReplyDelete