Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Wee Dresden…

Do you remember this wee small Dresden?  Genny was working on her blocks at our Heritage Quilting meeting…back in April!  I was in awe back then…her Dresden blocks were so small…and all hand stitched!!

P1180228

Well look at those Dresden's NOW!!

P1180975

This is a small quilt..and all hand stitched!!  AMAZING!! Genny’s workmanship is incredible!

P1180978-001

She just has a few more stitches to do before she puts on the binding and calls this little baby finished!! 

P1180976

It will be fun to see her in all her glory…without the ink and all prettied up…bound and ready for a table or a wall!

P1180977

Even the little guys can become heirlooms, which I am certain this one is destined to become!!  Well done, Genny!!  You have created a real show stopper!

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!~P

16 comments:

  1. Truly an heirloom quilt. So beautiful. Love it.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to make at lease one Dresden block this summer!!! Her hand stitching is just amazing. Am now the proud owner of a roll of solvy!!! I am going to get back into machine quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful hand work. I am just teachimg myself to hand quilt. Could you please tell me what she uses to mark the lines? thank you. Beth in northern Alberta. email bethmill@telus.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Com certeza nunca vi mais linda,parabéns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is WOW! I see Dresden plates in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt and a lot of work and wonderful quilting went into it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is beautiful, love the small blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is so sweet! love the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful. Something to aspire to, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that is just gorgeous - love all the handwork! Happy Belated Birthday to Mr. P, are you out of the doghouse yet? *G*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Genny's quilt is a show-stopper! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous little quilt! I love the contrasting stitching as well as the Dresden blocks. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete