Monday, July 25, 2011

A Picture Perfect Day!

Yesterday it was off to Vancouver with my daughter Erin and her friend Greg.  They were heading back to Calgary..but first they were planning on spending the day with Maggie and Toby…and SEW I did what I do best…I tagged along!  Hubby stayed home to ‘dog sit’…or so was his excuse!

image

Note…SUMMER has arrived!!  Nothing but blue skies and warm temperatures!!  FINALLY!!

Here’s everyone…Left to right…Toby, Maggie, Erin, Greg and Lola.P1140830 So what do you do when you are in Vancouver on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon?…you go for a walk of course!!  What a picture perfect day it was too!! P1140832

Here’s mama hen with her two chicks and grand-dog!  The only thing missing is the third little chick! :o(

P1140836

Toby hamming it up with one of the Electrical Charging Stations for electric cars.  Being a country gal this is the first time seeing one of these…

P1140839

We hopped the Aquabus at Granville Island…P1140841

..so that we could walk the seawall to English Bay…

P1140842

Such a beautiful, clean city…

P1140843

Lola LOVED the dog park…and a refreshing swim…

P1140845

..except the water tasted different…salty!

P1140850 P1140854

Signs left from the Olympics…

P1140862  P1140864  A circle of laughing men… P1140870 P1140872 P1140873

A Tourism Commercial was being filmed…

P1140875

Finished off by a picnic lunch at English Bay…that’s raw fish you are seeing…(sushi)..I stuck to my fruit and yogurt!!

P1140876   The day went all too fast…:o(

Toby and Maggie drove me back to the Ferry while Erin and Greg headed off in the other direction..for Calgary! 

Yup, it was a picture perfect day!

P1140886

Hope you had a picture perfect day too!! 

Have a magical Monday and Happy Quilting!~P

19 comments:

  1. What a lovely day to have spent with your gorgeous girls. I still love Vancouver, but the Saanich Peninsula is so much quieter. Although, I do wish my family would visit more often. Unfortunately, those ferry prices are just too high.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to spend the day with your family and the weather even cooperated too. Those Aqua buses are fun. We take them from our son Derek's condo near Yaletown to Granville Island Market. I'm sure there was a tear or two when you parted ways. Enjoy our summer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous city and the perfect day to visit with your family. I would love to visit the western states and canada, some day.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, gorgeous! Thanks for the lovely pictures of Vancouver. That looks like a great place to spend some time!!

    hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does look like a perfect day. So glad you got to spend it with your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful day you had. We stopped there for the day and did the tourist thing a few years ago when our cruise ship dumped us there. It is a very pretty city.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo beautiful - I'd love to come there one day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love living here. Glad you had a nice day!!! I spent the morning walking the Stanley Park seawall and it was stunning. Back to clouds today, so did the Grouse Grind instead (with 5 kids!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful area indeed! Your kids look great!

    Sushi yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Granville Island is one of my favorite places! What a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. picture perfect indeed!..nice to see our fair city in the eyes of another blogger!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhhh, just the pictures I needed to make me homesick for BC again! We took that little green aquabus in February but the weather was just not as nice! Looks like you had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We loved that park, walked through it last summer when we were there for our cruise. Looks like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are the best days and the ones that are so memorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful day...our one day of summer before fall ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE that you did this post. I'm going to be in Vancouver for a few days in early September. We are boarding a Princess Cruise ship to take an Alaska tour. I have been looking at all the touristy stuff in downtown Vancouver and I've even bought my big bus tickets. I'm so excited to see all your pictures. I can't wait to go.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a delightful day with your beautiful family. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry I missed your visit! But would you believe I headed over to the Island to go to Parksville for the day!

    We had gorgeous weather over there also, checked out the two quilt shops in Nanaimo, the one in Parksville was closed..oh well.

    ReplyDelete