Wednesday, July 6, 2011

One Step Closer…

..to making the Autumn Quilt ~ thanks to the generous gift from my friend Claire!!  She is such a sweetheart! 

image Claire ordered yard lengths of this gorgeous wools…and gave me a VERY generous chuck of each!!

P1140562

I could just roll in it…so soft and the colours are so vibrant  These pictures definitely do not capture the colours…perfect for the Heart to Hand Autumn Wool Quilt!!   THANK YOU SO MUCH , CLAIRE!!

(FYI…Claire ordered most of the wool from Hollyhock Hill Designs 

http://hollyhockhilldesigns.com/shop/

and from The Wool Studio

http://www.thewoolstudio.com/resources.php )

And teamed these up with lovely Valdani thread…on sale right now at the Cloth Castle!!  Why it’s better than candy!

 P1140564

Eye candy!  YUM!

P1140565

SCREECH!!  DON’T GO YET!!

GIVE AWAY SIGHTING!!!  Blogland is really hopping with tons of Give Aways and this is ONE that you’re NOT going to want to miss!!  Anna from Woolie Mammoth is giving away this lovely pattern and kit complete with DMC thread…I can hear all the “ohhhhs and ahhhhs” from here…

image

Isn’t this the cutest little quilt/pillow!  LOVE IT! That’s because it’s a Crab-Apple Hill Pattern!!  They have the best patterns…and this one must be hot off the press because I haven’t seen it before!   What you are going to love even more than this quilt is Anna’s blog!!  It is FULL of goodness!  You know how most blogs have pictures to go with their posts…well NOT ANNA!!  She has a video EVERYDAY full of quilts and projects!  I thoroughly enjoy her blog and look forward to it every morning..it is definitely a two thumbs up read!!  Hurry over NOW…she’s waiting and the coffee pot is always on!!

Have a wonderful Wednesday and Happy Quilting!~P

9 comments:

  1. The autumn quilt is just gorgeous!!! I am so glad for you...those wools will be perfect in that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I think I'm drooling! Where did Claire order the wool from? They are perfect for that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucky thing! Yes, please do share where Claire found those beautiful wool plaids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will be a wonderful pattern. I have a few fall pieces, but will make a new one for this year, guess I should get started;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great quilt pattern and your wool is wonderful! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Autumn quilt....fall is my favorite season. The cool crisp air, the beautiful fall colors, and let's not forget Halloweeeeennnnnn!! BOO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wools and threads are gorgeous! Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paulette can you share the name of the pattern source? I love anything fall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The wool sure is looking soft and cuddly :)

    ReplyDelete