Saturday, July 30, 2011

On Holidays…

My wool crazy friend, Claire, went on holidays.  Now most people when they spend a week or two at a lakeside cabin they take a bathing suit, sunscreen and a towel…not Claire!  She takes WOOL…lots of wool! 

Thought you’d like to see what she will be stitching in between making s’mores and roasting hot dogs….

Yup it’s wool pinwheels…aren’t the colours wonderful…

image

Claire also prepped these blocks for stitching. They’re from the Heart to Hand Christmas quilt.  This quilt is going to be stunning!!

 image

image image

image image

Claire even managed to get a few stitches done while hubby packed up the car!  Aren’t her stitches PERFECT!! 

image

image

Love this wreath block!

image

Such inspiration…makes me want to get out the wool and throw on some Christmas music!!

Have A SUNNY Saturday and Happy Quilting!~P

10 comments:

  1. I love the wool blocks. I think I am going to have to look for the pattern. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love the pinwheels...have never seen wool ones. Looks like she is definitely a wool lover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous looking wool blocks. And her stitches ARE perfect. Would love to see the finish on those wool pinwheels. Will it be a quilt or perhaps a wall hanging?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, I can see I need to get off my scooter and start stitching! Did she machine piece those pinwheels or are they button holed stitched on to the background?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful. Does Claire use a buttonhole stitch or a whipped stitch to attach her applique? Do you know the kind of thread she is using? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.....that makes me want to start another wool project. And helps me think of cooler weather. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire's Christmas quilt is going to be stunning.

    I love her woolen pinwheels too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another stunner from Claire! She's a true talent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, I love claire's wool projects going on! They take my breath away. Oh don't do this to me! I do not need to start another project right now....

    ReplyDelete