Thursday, July 21, 2011

It’s a SLICE!

Before I can start something NEW I need to get a few more finishes under my belt…so I hauled out this UFO…it’a little Wall HangingP1140705

which I stitched during our time down south last Winter.  I also pulled out the heat sensitive Frixion Erasable Gel Pens by Pilot…and drew my stitching lines…(remember this is the pen where you just tap the ink with a hot iron and the ink magically disappears!)

P1140707

..and started hand quilting using the big stitching…

P1140708

..I’m using Valdani number 12 variegated.  (LOVE this thread!!)

P1140709It’s a slice..

  P1140711 '

Speaking of Slices

image

…how would you like to win one??  I know I sure WOULD!!  Natasha, from The Joy of Quilting Blog, is giving one away~ so hurry over to HER BLOG to enter!  Do it now because she will be picking a winner on July 22!!  YIKES!!  That’s TOMORROW!!

Have a thrilling Thursday and Happy Quilting!~P

6 comments:

  1. nice work on the hand quilting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful hand quilting, that will be a wonderful piece. Guess I need to decide what to do today, before the day is over, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am fascinated by the big stitch. On Tuesdays one of my friends just started to learn and quilt a piece with the big stitch using the same brand of thread you are using. It really lent itself to the homespun looks of the wool wall hanging. sigh...I guess I can add another hand technique to my life...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Paulette - your quilting looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is looking wonderful Paulette!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking great I am just starting to hand quilt with this thread...can I ask what needles do you use?
    I would love to see a picture of the whole quilt too if you don't mind sharing it. I love what I see !
    kathie

    ReplyDelete