Saturday, April 30, 2011

I’m Crazy for Wool…

…and who knows that better than my Wool Crazy friend, Claire!  Look at the sweet  bundle of wool that Claire gave me for my birthday!  The colours are wonderful and the texture is incredible… I wish you could stick your hand into the screen and give it a squeeze!  It is so incredibly soft…

Let me turn the bundle so that you can see all the colours…

P1130665

…lovely, don’t you think…?

P1130666

This wool will be perfect for the Autumn Quilt from Heart to Hand!

P1130667 P1130668

Claire also bought me this gorgeous scarf which I wore yesterday when I ran some errands…very Spring-y! I should have taken a picture of it then…as it doesn’t go very well with my bathrobe!

P1130669

Thanks so much, Claire!!  So sweet of you!

On the QUILTING FRONT~

Renee Nanneman, designer and author for Andover Fabrics has been very busy…she has a new book coming out  called ‘Pumpkin Patch Threads’.  Many of the quilts in this book were made from Renee’s new line of 12 new wovens called— Pumpkin Patch Plaids!  They are now out and you can get a better look at them at the Quilt Crow’s Online Shop.  So lovely!  But it gets better… she is also releasing a new line of 18 woolen plaids- that will go with these wovens.image

And look at what Lynette Anderson has designed…fabric to go with her Scandinavian Christmas!!  Very sweet!!

image

Lots of new fabric, books and patterns coming out…just in time for shows and market!  We quilters had better get busy so that we can use up the old…before the new hits the Quilt Shops!!

Have a SEWING Saturday and Happy Quilting!~P

14 comments:

  1. I love that goldish plaid your friend Claire gave you. I love how wools look but I've never worked with them. I think I need to change that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful textured wools, those will be nice for your project. Yes, too many new things coming, too much temptation, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharing...remember...kindergarten...it's nice to share, if not the wool that Clair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely wool and fabrics...lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Paulette!
    Hope you enjoyed your day!
    Take care, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday to you, Haaappy Birthday to you, Happy Birrrrrrthday dear Paulette, ........ Happy Birthday to YOU!!!
    ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful wools....good for you, and love friends like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Paulette! Love those yummy wools...especially the golds, and the greens...and, oh heck, I love them all! What a great friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Forgot to mention that The Quilted Crow is my very favorite place for online shopping! Love those beautiful fall plaids...I suspect I won't be able to resist those, or Renee's new book, for long. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy, happy birthday! Is it okay to say I'm jealous of that wool? :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. Birthday! It's your birthday? Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Uh oh! I think I missed that class....use up the old before the new arrives.....??? Yep, I missed that class. Maybe that is why I am buried in fabric! Hope your Birthday is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, what yummy colors and textures! I could sure use some of that soft wool to cuddle up with on these cold spring nights we seemed to be stuck with of late.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Paulette!!! What a wonderful gift from Claire - love that scarf!

    ReplyDelete