Friday, August 27, 2010

Gotta GO!….

…and I can’t seem to leave it alone…my GO! Fabric cutter that is! 

I used it yesterday to cut out more of these~P1090746so that I could make some more of these….

P1090747

I like the fact that I don’t have to think when I use my Lady GO! GO!- no measuring…you know how you have to measure twice, cut once.  With the Lady GO! GO! you just crank these little beauties out…with no thought to measurement…just line up the fabric and GO!  In minutes I’m ready to make more flying geese. 

This is the die I used…

P1090745

This is the die that comes FREE with ALL GO! Machines!  It has the 4 1/2” square, the 2 1/2” square and the 2 1/2” half square triangle (makes a 2”finished half square block).  I am using the 2 1/2 half square triangle to make my flying geese.  SEW easy!!

The ONLY problem I seem to be having is to STOP cranking…did I show you my left over strips from my Snowman quilt?  I’m a little embarrassed..

P1090744

Yup, those are ALL 1 1/2” strips!!  I was having SEW much fun I couldn’t stop cranking!!  I’m thinking maybe a log cabin quilt is in my future…What do you think?P1090748   I’m sure glad I’ve been saving these bags…now that I have a GO! machine they are FINALLY  GO!ing to come in handy!  :o)

Have you been collecting these bags…they might come in handy if you should WIN a GO! of your own.  If you haven’t entered my GO! GIVE AWAY then GO! HERE!  Good luck!

Also..before you go..check out Jenny of Elefantz blog if you want to see a quilt that I made out of some old shirts!  They don’t call me a stuffed shirt for nothing! 

Have a FUN Friday and Happy Quilting!!~P

20 comments:

  1. Paulette,
    Which die did you use for the main part of the flying geese? Did you use the 4 1/2 square on the same die or something else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh your Lady GO! GO! is fabulous.
    I want one too... i have entered your (and other) giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. I can already imagine something wonderful with your strips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking you had quite a pile of strips but when I saw the bag you put them in then I realized you really had quite a pile! Loved your men's shirt quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure did get carried away, lol.
    That is something I like though, would love to cut my scraps into usable shapes that I can store and make into something new.

    It would make nice gifts too. Bundles of precuts to send to quilting friends.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang girl, you surely do have a lot of strips left over! I vote for log cabin.
    LOVED your quilt on Jenny's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so envious. I would really like a GO! I think I would be like you and just keep cutting - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must have cut twice the amount needed for your sweet snowman quilt! But now you have the strips ready for another quilt ... or two!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are Go crazy with all those scraps, keep having fun, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man.... I really want/need one of these babies! My arthritis in my "cutting" hand gets so painful after too much cutting. And I LOVE scraps. I have made some beauties out of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That quilt on Jenny's blog was fabulous....what guy wouldn't love a great masculine quilt like that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have you made HSTs from the GO! yet? That's the one I'd really love to know how it works. I hate trimming down those suckers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can tell you are having so much fun with the Go. It looks like the best quilting tool ever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for dropping by Paulette! As soon as I figure out how to post pictures....(more learning!) I will post my favourite quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the quilt you made out of men's shirts - what a great idea!! And you also gave me an idea with the plastic bag- I've got one of those somewhere!!:) Thanks and have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait to see what you make with the flying geese!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmm, thos flying geese look like Christmas to me. Are you getting ready for the next Quiltalong Day? I think you've got enough strips there for at least 2 log cabin quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a long cabin quilt to me too. Those geese... Wow...

    ReplyDelete