Sunday, July 11, 2010

Goals…and I’m NOT talking Soccer!!

Today is all about setting GOALS…something that retired people should NEVER do.. but sometimes you just have to make ‘a few’ in order for things to get done!!

Yesterday I took my daughter, Hayley, to the airport…=o(  ..as she has to return to work on Monday.  It was such a nice visit ..packed full of fun and good memories!  The house is SEW quiet…which is where the goals come in…

Goal #1~ Finish the Between Charming Friends Quilt!!  Yikes…thank goodness Kelly and Darlene extended the deadline to this week!  Got to get ‘er done!!

P1090084

It’s another hot one today…so the blinds are down…Hey…Krista-note the pincushion and little scrap bag…LOVE IT!!  Use it all the time!! Quite sometime ago I won it from Krista on Poppyprint!  If you haven’t visited Krista before, shame on you!!  You are missing out on something VERY good!!

P1090085Goal #2~ go for a loooonnnng bike ride BEFORE it gets too hot!  Ohh, Ohh- I may be too late for this one…;o)

Goal #3- spend 15 minutes on the 15 Minutes Play Challenge…see sidebar!!

Yahoo…I’m back in the saddle again!!  Can you hear the hum of the machine?  Let’s thread up this little dawgy…and rope us some quilts!!

Have a super Sunday and Happy Quilting!!~P

9 comments:

  1. I'll be cheering you on - ride 'em cowgirl. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will cheer you on, too. I am not making the quilt but surely have enjoyed seeing all that so many bloggers are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I set goals everyday....love what you are working on Paulette....you go girl...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just call it a list, doesn't sound so life changing. It's a great feeling as you cross the items off, a real sense of achievement even if it's a trivial little thing. Good luck and keep cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I know you're going to miss her - you'll have to keep busy sewing, and it sounds like your list will certainly do that! Love the pincushion and bag.
    I hope you do get on a bike ride. I miss bike rides, but now I just fall off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck Paulette!

    I'm 0 for 2 on my goals for the day, but thanks to daughter, I am up one (an unplanned goal was completed! Blogpost coming tomorrow that I think you'll enjoy!).

    Glad to see your threadcatcher is busy catching! I love that dragonfly fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are back in the saddle again....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see your life is getting back to normal, just make sure you don't get saddle-sore!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Instead of goals I make a "suggestion" list. That way if I don't reach my goal I'm not disappointed. :o) Pretty projects you have going.

    ReplyDelete