Sunday, January 10, 2010

“Fit to Wear”…I mean “Fit to Frame”…

Yesterday we were driving around Palm Springs and look what I spotted…!!! P1050253

I forgot that there are Garage Sales here year round!   Whooppteee-doo!  We ended up going to three before doing some sight seeing. 

I was VERY excited to find these…(ignore my slippers ;o)

P1050278 I know, I know they are just a pair of men’s pants but they aren’t just ordinary pants…they are 100% wool pants…and they are new..do you see where I am going with these lovely wool, new pants?  Yup…

P1050280

I need a border and sashing for the Fit to Frame Blocks and I think I’ve found it!!

P1050284    So what do you think? I know it’s kind of hard to visualize but they are the perfect colour…the check stripes are a chocolate brown and the background is a medium brown.  I think once I cut the pants into strips and sew it together it’s going to look better than a $130 pair of wool pants! (the price tag was still on the pants.)  OR I could wear the pants like this and let the whole world know that I am a quilter!!  hee hee!  No, I will wash and dry them tomorrow and see what happens.

I also found this…

P1050281

This wicker basket was calling my name…and for only $1 I had to have it…I’m not sure what I am going to do with it but….hey it was only a buck!

P1050282

It has an oriental brass clasp on top.  Very cute and it’s sandwiched between two VERY tired dogs.  (There is a dog park here and they went three times today.  Rylie is the hit of the park as she chases every dog there and gets them all going!)

This is the block that I finished last night…only two more to go!!P1050248

Have a super Sunday and Happy Quilting!

20 comments:

  1. I love your garage sale find Paulette and think they will be perfect for your appliqued squares. Can you come over and give me a lesson sometime? I love what you do with wool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pants are perfect, what a great find and for something you needed. I do think they make the perfect border. The basket would be great for sewing items.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh oh...I vote you wear the pants like that!! What a fantastic find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be still my heart, Paulette it looks perfect with your sweet blocks! What a wonderful discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pants for your sashing and border--don't think my husband would have ever worn them though-lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pants, no, the fabric find! Absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss garage sales!!!!! Those pants are PERFECT, just perfect for your blocks. And I love the wicker purse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should wear the trousers *LOL* They are perfect for the quilt you are making!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the pants for the border look wonderful, and the basket what a great find. I love yard sales too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the pants are just perfect, I cannot imagine why that they were ever meant to be pants in the first place, but a border for your blocks, now that is just right. Love the round basket, too cute, congrats on your blocks, Have another super day today too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you hit the "jackpot" finding those wool pants. It will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I had that kind of luck at garage sales. What a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo, Paulette does it again! The trousers look just perfect, and I love the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful wool saved from the ugly pants. She scores! Thanks for the smile at the vision of quilting as wearable art... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent choice and a great bargain. I can't ever imagine buying those pants to wear but they'll look great with your blocks.
    Abbe

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wool pants in Palm Springs? Must have been a cold weather transplant! Great reuse.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you found yourself some bargains
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good eye, the pants are great and what a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are hilarious. Please don't wear those pants with blocks attached, though, otherwise I may have to cancel my follower status. hehe.

    ReplyDelete