Saturday, December 5, 2009

I Spy With My Little Eye….

I see some I Spy FABRIC!  I was part of Karen’s (from Sew Many Ways) I Spy Swap where you send 40 squares of 3 different fabrics  and you get 120 squares back~  That’s 120 different squares of 5 inch fabric.  It’s like receiving 3 packages of charm packs with different I Spy Fabric in each!  How neat is that!  Today I received my little I SPY bundle and just look at what was inside….wouldn’t you be thrilled?  

P1040121

Now I don’t want to gush too much but  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS FABRIC!!  This is the first package…lovely!  And of course the teacher in me started sorting them….

Fruits and Vegetables…good enough to eat!

P1040122

Oh…Balls…. P1040123

School theme….

P1040124

Grammy is a quilter squares…

P1040125

It’s raining CATS and Dogs!!  Pet lovers unite!P1040126

Here a bug, there a bug, everywhere a bug, bug…STOP bugging me… P1040127

Ribbit….. ribbit…  P1040128

BEACH PARTY! SURF’S UP!P1040129

I think you get the idea!  Am I ever going to have fun with these little squares!!

But look what else Karen sent~ a gift and it is so cute! 

This is SEW like Karen!  Simple but incredibly clever and cute!  And just think she made 40 of these…and at the busiest time of the year!  Karen, how do you do it?

If you are wondering what this is….well picture this….I am busy stitching in the truck driving down to Palm Springs (it takes about 5-6 hellish days) and this is wrapped around my neck…. 

P1040134

The eye bolt holds my thread so that I won’t lose it and

P1040131

my pins, scissors and thimble are in the little pocket/pin cushion!  Clever!!  Cute!!  Sew Karen!P1040132  I REALLY LOVE THIS!!   Thank you Karen!!P1040133

You are Sew Incredible in Sew Many Ways!  Check out Karen’s blog…for some very clever ideas!

Have a super dooper Saturday and Happy Quilting!

7 comments:

  1. This is a great way to collect a wide variety of fabrics and you have quite the collection now ....

    Enjoyed the show and tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see some fabrics that I would love, will be fun playing with those. Great little car gadget. I usually do pennies up for trips and have it all pinned to sew. That way all I need is black floss and i use a little plastic box for the stuff.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun little collection of I Spy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cute idea..love it!
    Lots of great fabrics...that will make a great I Spy quilt...I need to make one next year!
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa - that is a lot of different fabrics!!! How neat! Love the gift from Karen too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo Hoo...looks like you made a
    haul on those I Spy.....and what
    a clever gift from Karen too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful variety of fabrics. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

    The sewing necklace is just brilliant, what a great way of keeping everything together when you're sewing in front of the TV or visiting someone. And if you forget to take it off when you go out, who cares? Lord Mayors get to wear a chain of office when they go out, so why shouldn't quilters?

    ReplyDelete