Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Creative Christmas at Cloth Castle Club…(say that four times!)

We had an incredible day at Club yesterday!!  Lots of great sharing, fantastic shopping, delicious food and of course awesome friends….oh yes and wonderful quilts!

So much sharing that it’s going to take me at least two postings!

Have a look….

A lovely reversible apron….I’d like to see this under my tree…

P1040058

This circle quilt was made at a workshop which a few of the ladies attended…so you will see some different versions of it.. P1040026

 P1040030

P1040028 P1040029 

This ‘pie’ quilt was made by three sisters…they all live in different cities but had bought some of the fabric when they were together last summer.  Separately they put together these blocks using that fabric and fabric from their stashes and another sister sewed the quilt together. A true gift of sisterly love for their brother…how sweet is that!  P1040032 P1040034

This winter quilt was beautifully quilted and would look lovely on anyone’s wall.

P1040038

This diaper bag was made for a baby shower…the theme was yellow ducky!  Little yellow ducky buttons were sewn onto the corners of each square…so cute!

 P1040039

I almost put this little man into my pocket! He was so cute with his little rusted tin buttons!

 P1040040

Lovely Christmas stockings!

P1040042 

I took close-up shots of the off white stocking as it was so beautiful!P1040046 P1040047 P1040048

There is one in every crowd….great fun!

P1040050

This lady is showing the Christmas jacket that she made…I think she forgot she was in the Cloth Castle…. New York cat walk…?

P1040056

My friend Alice loved this jacket and almost wore it home..

P1040052

 P1040055  P1040057

Lots and lots of runners…some more musical than others!

P1040045

So on that ‘note’…I will show you the ‘rest’ tomorrow. 

BUT FIRST  If you have nothing to do today and have a spare 5-6 hours then visit this site…it’s called United Notions and it’s fantastic!  Tons of free patterns and ideas…Click on FUN STUFF at the top of the page, then scroll down to FREE PATTERNS!  You won’t be sorry…hope you have lots of room in your “Saving for a rainy day ROOM”!

Have a wonderful Wednesday and Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

  1. Paulette, looks like a good time was had by all! Can't wait to see the next post.

    Thanks for the website. I'm off to visit now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great show of your quilty friends project Paulette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Oh Oh! They are all lovely! I don't suppose you asked how the satin rose on the off white stocking was made?? And the Musical Runner is fab- that I do want!
    I went to a rather disappointing quilt exhibit today but comforted myself that I had your Club Day to make up for it! And it has!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good gracious there are some talented women there! Beautiful projects all. Can't wait to see more!
    Thanks a lot on the link - if you need me, I'll be at my computer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely things made! Show and tell is so fun!

    ReplyDelete