Monday, August 17, 2009

She Shoots....She SCORES!!

Kim's August Challenge
Before I start my blog this morning I have to address Kim's Finish it Up in August Challenge as she might be checking in today....YIKES! It feels like a visit from the School Superintendent!
I just want her to know that, yes, I have been working REALLY hard on all my projects (finished 5!!) and I am working on the sixth..... BUT it was the weekend and a girl's got to do, what a girl's got to do - SHOP! So, Kim, if you go to the Thursday, August 13th posting you will get a complete progress report because today's post is all about SCORING.... big time!

SHE SCORES!
What a beautiful Monday morning! Now that I am retired I LOVE Mondays. After a busy weekend it means I get to stay home and 'play'. When I was a teacher, Monday was the day that you would have to whip the little rug rats back into 'school mode' so that the rest of the week went smoothly. Now everyday runs smoothly.....ahhhh....ain't life grand......(and you get to use words like ain't! I mean could it get any better....!)

Now it is time for "SHOW AND TELL". I promised I would share what I bought at the Cloth Castle's Sale on Saturday....


Super soft flannel from Moda for the backing to my Snowball quilt...very cozy! (I can hear the OOOOh and Ahhhs in the background....)




This lovely soft cotton muslin to do some stitchery blocks. You can see little tiny brown flecks in it....which I just love!




Some more Whimsical fabric...



In a sales basket I found these felt table toppers patterns- Cloth Castle was practically giving these patterns away- for $1.38 each!






















Yes, all these patterns were only $1.38 each!

For some mysterious reason some the patterns are on their sides....don't know what I did wrong....but best not call hubby for help (he's already helped me three time....ouch!) I am such a moron when it comes to computers...BUT I am getting better.....sort of....

NOW FOR THE GARAGE SALE SCORES!



No not the bench! Now you are probably saying "What is it?" Well, I think it's a hanging plant holder- which I LOVE...now you have to use your imagination right now, but later, when I have it all fixed up, you will be amazed... It looks to be hand made out of really heavy metal. I am going to have to put up a really heavy duty hook to hand this baby.....



This is a close up of the inside basket part. A work of art....




SCORE!!!! Yes- you don't need glasses.... ONLY 25 cents!!!



A cute little metal garden table...isn't it sweet! (That's not a question...it's a fact!)




Yup!! SCORE!!! 25 cents!!!





Total cost 50 cents!! I'm giddy just thinking about it! Next time you see these treasures you will be amazed at their transformations! or... not....


The teapot is for the 5th wheel- my glass teapot broke on the bumpy road leading into Sedona last winter so now I have a metal one. And who could pass up this old(antique?) little sugar/ jam container -it is adorable. These items were VERY expensive......$1.00 each! SCORE!!

So what do you think of my finds? Anyone up for a little GSing this coming weekend...?

Hope you get to play on your Monday! Happy Quilting! :o)

7 comments:

  1. I DO love it Mom! Great score! Can't wait to see what you do with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You sure know how to ferret out the bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That just does it- I'm moving to be your neighbour and I'll came along and vie with you for bargains! Some haul, the fabric is lovely but I think the plant-holder is the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your blog! you are just so industriousness and get so much done! Love your new purchases, cool stuff. The 50c finds are unbelievable! looking forward to seeing what you do with them. If there was an award for sniffing out bargains, i think you would win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We never see finds or prices like that here! You lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some great bargains not only quilting ones.
    I do envy you as i do most who can get such great buys on quilting items love the flannel that something i not worked with not much just use some flannel as backing fabric that was nursery one as it hard to get the same quality in other ones here.
    I will look forward to seeing what you do with all your quilting bargains so well done again
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you did score! Big time score with the patterns. I love, love, love a flannel back and have been putting them on most of my quilts. Makes them very soft and cuddly.
    I wish I could find a good garage sale! For me they are few and far between. Although I did get a very cool watering can the other day. :) But nothing like your finds....maybe I should go to more.

    ReplyDelete