Sunday, August 16, 2009

Got to love SATURDAYs!!

I had such a nice day yesterday. Mainly because I stopped off at my sister's and gave her a big bouquet of sunflowers as it's her birthday. She is probably the world's best sister as she always brightens my day and makes me feel good about myself! We ALWAYS manage to share a good laugh over something.... We get together every other Thursday for a walk/talk, which means we walk for about an hour and then stop for coffee and continue 'catching up'. We just had a quick visit as our next walk/talk is this Thursday and she was expecting her kids and grand-kids. Before I left though I HAD to pick some apples! Look at the size of them!










And look how many!! Her trees are loaded! I made a huge apple crisp when I got home and I still have enough apples to make a pie later this week.

OFF TO THE CLOTH CASTLE-



This is the Cloth Castle located just outside Victoria in Langford. It is my favourite fabric shop in our area. Yesterday they were having a small quilt show (their first and they are hoping to make it an annual event). They were trying to raise money for charity plus showcase the quilts. The challenge was that the quilts entered had to have a 4 patch block somewhere on it.



I seem to be following this lady in pink.....



Hope she doesn't think I'm stalking her.....



Whew! But I see her feet.....is she stalking me??



I love the daisy stitching on this quilt- perfect as it has a daisy border.







I think this was my favourite- I do like this pattern. ...but where is the 4 patch?? Cloth Castle was also having a sale....but I am going to save that for another day.... along with my Garage Sale SCORES (hey, it's Saturday, OK!)

AUGUST FINISH-UP CHALLENGE-
Yes, I am still plugging away on Project #6-working on the Cherry Quilt, putting on scallops. I had changed the size of the quilt so I had to change the size of the scallops....had to bring out the math skills...Yikes!



But they are all cut out and ready to go...



Here's my little quilting buddy. Rylie goes into my fabric bin and pulls out something to lay on.
She loves it when I sew as this is her quiet time - usually at my feet. So far I have been really good at remembering to raise the sewing machine pedal (she chewed the old one up!) Well...we love our little Rylie...

Have a nice Sunday.....I'm back to scrap booking this morning but I hope to get back to quilting this afternoon!

Take care and Happy Quilting! Don't you just love Sundays.....!?

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing pictures of the show.

    Cute furbaby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures of the quilt show-
    the sunflower quilt is absolutely stunning- how I do love anything with sunflowers but this one is particularly wonderful Paulette.
    That apple tree is beautiful looking- there will be lots of apple pies , apple betty and sauce coming from the apples on that tree.
    It sounds like you have had a fabulous weekend.
    I look forward to seeing your garage sale finds..
    Happy quilting,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhpas Rylie is hinting that you make a doggie quilt? Love the quilt show. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I just found your blog. Beautiful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to be able to spend time with your sister each week i hope she had a good birthday.
    What beautiful quilts really nice, love your dog Rylie i have to pick my foot pedal up after i finish sewing not because of any pets but i tend to get caught in it & pull on it don't want to damage it or the machine
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. and just which of those quilts were yours?
    As for Rylie, she's obviously choosing fabrics for her next quilt!

    ReplyDelete